August 14th - 24th, 2014
Opa! Ottawa’s beloved Greekfest is back for another year and better than ever! This free festival is a great opportunity to explore Greek culture, cuisine, and tradition, not to mention a fun way to spend time with family and friends! This ten day party kicks off on August 14th and features events and activities for all ages!
Greekfest will take place from August 14th to August 24th, and the festival is packed with fun, food, and all things Greek! From food demonstrations, to Zorba dancing, live music, and much more, you won’t want to miss out on all the excitement that Greekfest has to offer!
Some of the many highlights of this year’s festival include:
- Zorba Show: a world-class display with dancing, music, acrobats, and even plate-breaking!
- Greek Cuisine: Greece has some of the most mouth-watering delicacies in the world… this is your chance to enjoy lamb, Greek salad, baklava, and more.
- Children’s Activities: face painting, arcade games, and lots of family fun!
- A Monasteraki: Check out this Greek souvenir shop for lots of themed mementos.
- Raffles: Enter for a chance to win a trip to Greece and other great prizes.
- A cooking Demonstration: The Three Greek Sisters (authors of the best-selling Greek cookbook Three Sisters Around the Greek Table), will demonstrate traditional Greek cooking.
- And much more!
This year’s edition of the Ottawa Greekfest is packed with activities, so be sure to check out the festival website for additional scheduling details.