The Great Glebe Garage Sale
Planning to check out The Great Glebe Garage Sale this year? Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- - Go early! Large crowds are expected every year, so if you are looking for good deals plan to arrive early in the morning
- - Use public transit. There is very limited parking in the Glebe area, and combined with the high number of pedestrians, parking is almost impossible. It is recommended to walk, bike, or take the bus (OC Transpo routes 1 or 7).
- - Go green! Bring reusable bags for transporting your new treasures. Also, check out The Great Glebe GREEN Garage Sale at 680 & 690 Bank Street, hosted by Ecology Ottawa.
- - Be prepared for plenty of walking. Wear comfortable shoes, and bring lots of water and sunscreen to make sure you have an enjoyable day.
- - Bring plenty of cash. Not only will you be able to purchase your great finds before they are gone, but you will also be supporting a good cause. Donations can also be made directly at the Ottawa Food Bank website.
For more details, visit the Glebe Community Association website.